Care Process Improvements
- Leaders hear complaints about delays in care
- Staff express frustration over communication & prioritization challenges (who does what, when)
- Patients experience hang-ups & delays in discharge
- Staff try to escalate the priority of THEIR work using phrases such as,
- The organization tracks an unacceptable levels of
avoidable days of care or has eroded their own standards of what,
- Case-managers are frustrated with inabilities to drive care at key junctures
- There is tension between physicians and staff over
- Patient satisfaction is being impacted by process issues
WRx APPROACH TO REMEDIATION:
small tests of change culminating in a new model of HIGHLY collaborative, well prioritized care that greatly improves case-mix adjusted LOS, reduces readmission and improves physician & staff engagement.
reduced care cycle times (LOS), improved physician, staff and patient satisfaction, improved clinical outcomes, radically reduced rates of readmission.
PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE USED:
Rounding Tool, Placement Tool